April 4, 2013

Knocking some things off my bucket list

A few weeks ago I posted about my Atlanta Bucket List which consisted of things I needed to do in order to help consider myself an Atlanta local as well as to help me learn my surroundings. Yesterday I got to check something else off that list, visit and eat at the Vortex. I know the original list specified the one in little 5 points, but why drive all the way over there when I can walk to one during my lunch break. 



My coworker is determined to turn me into a local and has taken it upon herself to help me knock off some of these things and to add some of her personal favorites on there as well. So Yesterday, we went to the Vortex on Peachtree Street. The atmosphere is such a fun hang out spot for just your average afternoon. I love the attitude the place gives off. If that's even something you can say? I mean they play golden country mixed with classic rock. That just screams "I'm cool" in my book. 


I gathered that the Vortex is best known for it's burgers, so  I knew that was what I had to get. Ok, no biggie, I can handle that. I just didn't realize there were a dozen different hamburgers on the menu! So before I branched out, I decided to start with the basics, a cheeseburger and french fries. 


Good choice!! This thing was melt in your mouth good! I typically don't go for burgers if there are other things on the menu, but this thing was to die for! My roommate, Megan, who is a cheeseburger connoisseur would have slapped her mama it was so good! This experience gave me even more determination to check things off my bucket list, because who knew things this wonderful were right in my back yard!?

Let Them Eat Cake

4 comments:

  1. i really love a good cheeseburger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Vortex!!! The one in Little 5 is my favorite of the two but the food is amazing at both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only ever been to Vortex in Little 5 Points but I ALWAYS get the black and blue burger - or whatever they call it on their menu. It's sooooo good. Might have to make a trip there while I'm up there this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm living in England with my Englishman Sam but the first place we are going to eat when I finally take to meet my loved ones in Atlanta is the Vortex. SInce I lived the in Highlands I only ever went to the one in 5 Points. Try the sweet potato fries next time! xx

    Amanda @ Rhyme & Ribbons

    ReplyDelete