We are going on season #10 together this weekend. It's become pretty obvious that this baseball thing is officially in my blood. Here are some of the signs and symptoms that might help you diagnose yourself as well.
You might be a baseball girlfriend if..
- You keep a stash of extra blankets and sweatshirts in your trunk for those extra cold spring games
- You secretly hope someone gets ejected at any cost
- There are very few lines you won't cross when it comes to superstitions about the game.
- No, you can't leave your spot if you're up.
- Yes, we have to have the same breakfast or snack if we're on a streak.
- For real, I'm wearing these sliders again.
- Washing socks is not an option.
- Rally Caps have magic inside of them.
- Your favorite fans are the hecklers
- You have been caught heckling..
- You initially judge a team based on their stadium, stands, field, and the distance you have to walk to get to their restrooms. You might be good, but if your stadium sucks, you still suck to me.
- You find yourself being able to point out baseball players and other baseball families in a crowd
- You think GameChanger was the best app ever invented
- You've ever bought gatorade or powerade in such large quantities that came on a pallet
- Even on your weekends off, you find yourself doing something baseball related
- Rain delays make you want to scream and cry all at the same time
- When shopping and/or dressing, you consider what kind of tan lines that shirt is going to leave behind
- You have at least a small section of your closet dedicated to the team -- colors, logo, and even your beloved tshirts with his name and # on the back
- You know which restaurants stay open past 10pm without having to look it up. Chilis, I love you.
- You know that choke up has nothing to do with tears, cheddar is not a cheese, and that a hit and run won't get you put in jail
- Cleat chasers bother you.. even if you're not the jealous type and you know they're not after your player.
- You've ever listened to a song and analyzed if it would make a good walk-out song or not
- You can not make it through "Sweet Caroline" without screaming BA BA BA!
- Zombie Nation makes you want to pull your hair out because you've heard it so many times.
- You love away games only because you don't have to wait for them to clean the field.
that being said, PLAY BALL! Here's to another fall season with Team Elite!