March 11, 2013

This is why we chop.. and drool

It's almost that time of year again. April 1st is coming fast and I can hardly wait. I can already smell the nachos, hear the Heavy Hitters Drumlin, and see the Chick-fil-a cow choppin underneath a firework filled Firday night'. I cannot wait to spend as many free nights as I can at the Ted soon. I adore the Braves like something serious. I admit that usually come Braves season, I have already been severely overdosed on baseball, so I don't watch it as much as most fans do. I still love them none the less. Well, maybe not near as much right now considering they just traded the most good looking my favorite player, David Ross. I have to admit, though, I'm really excited to see what our new outfield can pull out of their bag of tricks. They better be worth the money and worth losing Ross over.

Side note: I really hope that they start referring to them and Up-Up and a HEY! I mean, totes cute right? If you don't agree, you can go play in traffic. 

Quit staring, honey! He's mine. 

I'm a Georgia girl, so I was bred to bleed red and navy. Yes navy, not black. I remember as a kid having this picture on the bulletin board next to my bed, because I loved Javy Lopez so much. All the other girls were swooning over Hanson, I had my Javy. I am sensing a trend, apparently I have a thing for catchers?


Apparently Billy coached Javy's son for a hot second a summer or two ago. He conveniently forgot to mention that to me until after the season was over. He did also admit that Javy wasn't at every game, so I guess it's okay that he conveniently forgot to mention this tidbit of information about my childhood dream man. It saved me lots of hours spent in the sun looking like a hot mess in the humid summers to see my childhood crush.. Only to meet him and be looking like a melted freak show. 

Now that I look back on it. I don't remember every really having a thing for baseball players or even athletes in general. I was always a girl that would swoon for a guy with a guitar. It was just total coincidence that I'm head over heels for a former catcher. Had 9 year old me had been able to see into the future and known I would end up dating a baseball player, and a catcher to boot, I probably would have been one proud, cocky little squirt.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THE BRAVES!! I actually help run a couple of Braves pages. One is Thanks Bobby! on Facebook and one is the Braves reddit page (www.reddit.com/r/braves). During the season, it's very rare for me to miss a game. They even let me work in the conference room when there's a day game so I can watch it on the TV. LOL.

    ReplyDelete