February 12, 2013

The start of many, many mores


Today marks 3 years since Billy and I decided to make ourselves "official." I cannot even begin to explain in a single blog how much this boy means to me. He has been by my side through thick, thin, good, terrible, and  everything else in between.

Billy and I met through my roommate and her boyfriend in the Fall of 2009. My friends and I were going out to celebrate my roommate's 21st birthday! We got downtown and met up with some additional friends to continue celebrating. We always loved when Tyler's baseball friends joined us, because they are always hilarious to paint the town with. Everyone hung out, helped check some things off the 21st birthday to-do list, and dance the night away. Closing time came, and it was time to leave. We headed out the door to start making the trek back to the Bellamy. Our apartment was within walking distance, but that didn't mean we wanted to do it in the cold. Luckily, one of Tyler's friends volunteered to give us a ride back home. That's when I actually met Billy for the first time. I really didn't pay much attention to him, besides expressing my sincerest thanks for not having to walk all that way in the frigid air. That was more or less that.. well, besides me threatening to kill him when some of his friends were fighting in the parking lot downstairs too close to my car.

A few weeks later we ran into each other again at one of Brantley's shows, and we proceeded to dance the night away together. I remember him being very confused about how Brantley and I kept making eye contact, smiling, and pointing at me. At the time, he had no idea that I worked with/for him. After it was over, my roommates and I were walking home, and Billy offered us a ride again. The catch was, we had to stop by his apartment to get his truck, in his defense his apartment was in spitting distance of downtown (It's a perk of living in an extremely small college town). I declined, but he did ask for my number so that he could make sure we made it home ok. Little did I know, that that was going to be the very beginning of the rest of my life.

I absolutely adore that boy. He is my perfect complimenting partner. I love the fact that I get to be his biggest fan. Even more, I love the fact that he loves my imperfections. I can't wait to see what else is in store for us on this wild ride, and I hope it turns out to be quite the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment