February 5, 2013

My Favorite Shrimp Pasta Recipe

Let me start by saying that I love to cook. It's one thing that I can do well, besides just be an all around badass, but that's neither here nor there. This is what my night looks like at this current moment (except instead of Michael Buble, it's my Motown station). This Shrimp pasta is one of my favorite recipes. I have it just about every week because it's so good, easy, and it makes enough for me to take for lunch the next day. It's kind of like Shrimp Caprese from Olive Garden. I'm tellin ya'll, you've gotta try it!!




Credit to: The Pioneer Woman for this delicious meal.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup Olive Oil
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 3 whole 14.5 Ounce Cans Diced (or Whole) Tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup White Wine
  • 2 pounds Jumbo Or Large Shrimp, Peeled And Deveined
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • Fresh Parsley, Minced
  • 1 pound Linguine, Uncooked
  • Red Pepper Flakes, to taste

Preparation Instructions

Cook pasta for 1/2 the recommended cooking time. Pasta should still be very firm.
In a large skillet or pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for a minute. Dump in the tomatoes and wine. Stir the mixture together, season with salt and pepper, and allow to cook for ten minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare a large parcel of heavy duty aluminum foil. It should be large enough to hold the entire pasta dish.
Throw the shrimp on the top of the pasta sauce. Throw the drained pasta over the top, then pour the whole dish onto the foil. Tightly wrap the foil into a parcel.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and keep warm until serving.
Open the foil parcel right before serving. Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over the top. Squeeze on lemon juice, if desired.

..and my timer just went off to take mine out of the oven Good timing!! Happy eating! Let me know how yours turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment