May 16, 2013

My Spinach Dip Recipe

Some of my closest friends are getting married this weekend. Since both of their families are from out of town, they are holding a pre-wedding reception for all of them the day before. I volunteered to bring a spinach dip to help add something else to the spread that they are having catered. {Okay, maybe it was just an excuse for me to break out a recipe I haven't been able to use in a while} This is the recipe that the Steak and Italian restaurant I worked at in high school used, so you know it's gotta be good! I'll also throw in, this isn't a kitchen friendly concoction, because there are lots of cups and bowls and spoons involved, which finally gives me a good excuse to use this gif!


Spinach-Artichoke Dip
1 box frozen spinach
1 can chopped artichoke heart*
1 1/2 cup mayonaise
1 1/2 cup sour creap
1 cup shreaded mozerealla cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 can of sliced water chesnuts
2 tsp minced garlic
chopped onion*

*denotes that you can use as much or little as you want. I'd still include it, otherwise it would throw the recipe off, but you can tweak it a bit, of course. 

If you don't have enough time to let the spinach thaw, defrost it in the microwave.

Next, I mix the sour cream, mayo, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and mozzarella cheese. Simply because, they're the easiest. Proceed to eat the rest of the bag of mozzarella.

By now, your spinach should be defrosted. I like to be safe and mince it up in a blender (okay, maybe I didn't let it defrost all the way). 

Chop or blend the water chestnuts till something about this consistency. Also blend up your artichoke heart to about the same consistency. I like to pick out the thick pieces that don't make contact with the blades of the blender.

Chop onion. I don't like blending them, because I enjoy the texture it adds. I used a little over half an onion. 

Behold the combination of all of the spinach dip goodness. Again, this recipe is from a restaurant, and  creates a restaurant sized portion. Consider yourself warned!  Alright, now start stirring until it looks like something worth eating..

Keep stirring

Now you should have something that looks similar to this. Just pop that sucker in the microwave for a few minutes until all the cheese is melted and ooey-gooey {again, another excuse to use something dumb that I shouldn't}

After everything is melted throughout the bowl, it's ready to hit the table! 

 I can't wait to serve it this weekend and to start all of the wedding festivities! Let me know if you give this one a shot! I'd love to hear about how it turns out for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment