April 23, 2014

I'm moving!!


Yep, it's official. I'm moving!!! 

..only right down the road, but it's still a move nonetheless. I expected my move announcement to be much further in distance, but not just yet--maybe in the next year or two. The apartment I've been living in for the past two years has decided to drastically up the monthly rent. I'm talking by $100 per MONTH! Not that I can't afford it if I had no other option but to stay, it's the principle. And that's a lot of money I could be spending on clothes instead.. $1,200 to be exact. Besides, the apartment is not worth that much money. If you ask Billy, he'd say it's like an old woman with a lot of plastic surgery. The stuff you see is pretty and new, but the guts are old--I don't have modern conveniences like garbage disposal or ceiling fans, the entrance gate is never shut, furnace/ac unit that has gone out at least 3 times, and (those that follow me on twitter can attest) the power is constantly going out. Did I mention it can occasionally be sketch because of the gate being open at all hours of the day and night?

In turn, I found a much larger apartment off the busy highway in a quite neighborhood for less money than my current rent. The reviews I'm reading on the community and my experience touring it and driving through just checking the place out at night have been of the highest caliber so far. I'm not near as fond of the layout of the apartment as I am with my current one, but beggars can't be choosers. However, everything else is much better than what I've got now. You win some, you lose some.

Now the hardest part is going to be waiting seeing as I don't get the keys for another 3 weeks. The even harder part is going to be not blowing the bank on new decor, because we all know that the struggle to not buy all new everything during a move is real. So horray for a new address!


2 comments:

  1. yay!! how exciting for you guys! i'm sure you'll love the new place once you're in it. good luck on not spending for decor too, i actually love hunting goodwills for that stuff, me and mom look at it as a challenge half the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move. And not buying décor is the hardest thing ever. I'm still buying things for my apartment a year later...oops :)

    ReplyDelete