March 18, 2014

How we Met & Year 1

In honor of our recent #ValensVersary, I want to recap the past 4 years that Billy and I have been together. I owe a little credit for the idea of this post to Lauren over at Peach State of Mind

Billy and I actually met in Novemeber of 2009. You can read the whole story here. We didn't start calling ourselves official until February 2010, so I guess we can just start the recap somewhere around there.
In short, Billy and I met through my roommate and her boyfriend. They played baseball together. On the night we went out to celebrate my roommate's 21st birthday, random friend of her's offered to take us home. I hardly talked to Billy that night except to threaten his life. {You'll have to read the long story if you want more detail about that} Heck, I didn't even know his name until the next day. Fast forward about 2 weeks later, we ran into each other again. We talked, we sang along with the band, and we danced the night away. He offered us a ride again, this time I declined. However, I didn't object to giving him my number when he asked. 
We had been texting and facebooking {Is that even a verb?} since November, and we'd only hung out a handful of times before we left for Christmas Break, and I had to be convinced by my roommate to go. However, after getting to know him and spending time with him, I was glad she pushed me. We shared our first kiss on the last night before break started. Once we came back from being gone we were pretty much inseparable.


We had our first date in January. We went to Pickle Barrel on a Thursday night, and they had trivia. Maybe that's where our love affair of trivia came from? I even remember wearing my new pink cowboy boots and hoping he didn't think I was weird for wearing them. If you can't love me in my boots, then don't love me at all. In February of 2010, we made out first public appearance when we went to see MuteMath and Sean Kingston with friends. Though privately, we had decided we were official, we hadn't told any one else yet. 

A short two weeks later, we finally made it "Facebook Official" and I met most of his friends for the first time. I met his family, we hit it off instantly.

We celebrated both of our Spring Birthdays turning 21 & 22. We became more inseparable, and I followed him all over the state and beyond cheering on his college team as they won their division title and went on to play in the NCAA world series! 

oh, how I loved that vest!

That summer, he went home and I stayed at school to work and get in some extra classes. It was our first break apart since we'd be official. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't as hard as I expected since I made the drive about every other week to see him. During that summer, this precious little 7 pound thing came into our lives. After much deliberation, we named her Casey. The weekend Billy met her was the first weekend I went to the cabin with his family for the 4th of July.



Sadly, I somehow have zero pictures of that summer.

Soon summer was over and college was calling again. We were living in the same town again. We spent basically any free time either of us had together. I started a new job, he continued to play baseball. 





We spent time just being normal college kids. Little did I know how wonderful life was then being young, carefree, and in love. 



We spent our first Christmas together at the Cabin. We were snowed in by almost a foot of snow. We made some incredible memories that week. 

and just a short month after we spent Christmas together, we celebrated our 1 year anniversary together. It's crazy to see how much things have changed, and how much we've grown up in a quick 4 years. On the other hand, how things just seem like yesterday. I marvel in the fact that I am still just as crazy about him now as I was back when, and I hope that playful feeling and our love of laughter never goes away. 


1 comment:

  1. Love this! We've been together 5 years. I wonder every day how it's been five years, too. But that first summer we started dating and fell in love is my favorite summer.

    ReplyDelete