June 16, 2014

Road series & reliving the glory days

I worked my tush off last week, so I decided to treat myself to a little PTO day Friday which consisted of an hour massage. It. was. heavenly! I even purchased two more groupons from the same spa, and I will be returning.

Billy had another road series this weekend. I decided to try to kill two birds with one stone--see some of familiar places and face and spend some qaulity time with him. He left friday, so I caught up with him Saturday around lunch. Just around noon, I hit the road to middle Georgia to a tiny town that I called home for 2 years of my college life which just so happened to be where some of Billy's showcase games were this weekend.

The first game was at Lamar County High School. Well, technically it's comprehensive high school--only us small town folk know about that comprehensive mess. It was unbelievably hot! Everything just gets hotter even if you just drive an hour south. I caught the last half of his first game which ended in a loss. His second game, was a tie. We grabbed a quick bit to eat at a little BBQ join that I worked at for about 2 months in college and then went to my adorable little Junior College, Gordon College.

People immediately judge when I say I went to a junior college. I say, you missed out. I turned down my acceptance to several 4 year universities to attend Gordon, and there isn't a single piece of me that regrets that decision. Two of the best years of my life were spent in that tiny middle Georgia town. I made some of the strongest, most influential, greatest friendships with my little "family" there.. but that's a story for another post! :)

The sweet little town square

Those Brick buildings up on the hill there were the dorms I lived for two years. It was like one big house for all of us. I truly loved dorm life!
I spent many, many hours on the second row of the bleachers on the right cheering on our the baseball team while I was here.


I also ran into this stud, Blake. He wasn't feeling pictures for the day (rightfully so), so I went all pap's on him. Blake and his parents were two people that made my Freshman and Sophomore years what they were. Blake was the brother I never had, his parents were rightfully named godparents. I don't know where I would have been without them, and I was so excited to see him again and catch up. It was like we hadn't ever missed a beat.

Not gonna lie, I have no idea what the score of this game was because I was too busy talking. After that game we headed to Macon for the night where I was hoping to meet up with my roommates, but we just weren't able to make it work this trip. To celebrate the end of a long, hot day, we visited my favorite Mexican restaurant on the face of this earth, Margaritas, for their delicious house special--Texas fajitas on a bead of rice and queso. 


I met Billy the next morning at the field of our other Alama Mater, the place where Billy played college baseball, Georgia College, in Milledgeville. I was so excited to finally be back in Milly on the Hill. Three incredible years of my life were spent in this crazy, charming, antebellum town. A majority of those 3 years were spent on this very hill cheering on Billy and his fellow Bobcats.
Myself and the rest of the girlfriends and students always sit on this huge grassy hill. It felt so good to be back cheering on a team from there.

I don't remember the score of the first game, but Billy's team ended up winning the 2nd game 6-7!


After the second game we were lucky to get to call it a day! WHEW! After catching up with his college coaches after the games, we found ourselves celebrating another road series down at Pickle Barrel. We ate here every single Thursday night in college for trivia nights. This was also the place where we had our very first date, and coincidentally, we were sat in the exact same both we ate at on our first official date 4 and a half years ago.

I loved being nostalgic this weekend. I wish I would have had more time to see everyone and visit some of my favorite old places like our old townhouse, Blake's parents, and the front campus at GCSU. Sounds like another excuse for a road trip to me :)

8 comments:

  1. I love all of the small, classic Americana towns in Middle Georgia. I used to drive through Eatonton to go to Macon or Valdosta for work. It was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing other baseball travel stories to make myself feel normal, ha! I love seeing it from the perspective of a coach's girlfriend, since my husband's plan after professional baseball is to coach at some capacity! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massage sounds wonderful... Mexican looks/sounds amazing... and I'm so glad you got to go and visit.. minus our mystery TE "coach" ;) Bless it. Hope to see your face again soon! I'll be back at Lakepoint for WWBA in a couple weeks... let's plan friend! X to the O!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the murals on the wall. Wish my town did that. I think it would be awesome. There's a town 40 miles from here and every building on the side of it there's a mural.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/06/announcement-confessions-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, what a fun weekend re-living those days... so special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog!! Check out how to pay it forward :) www.everythingiscominuproses.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh .. thanks. By the way, I want to share with you a page of dreamy music listening and updating new and best song, synthesized lyrics the fastest:
    >>> https://songlyricsaz.mobi/as-long-as-i-got-you-lyrics-16766.html
    >>> https://songlyricsaz.mobi/silver-spoon-lyrics-16765.html

    ReplyDelete