February 6, 2014

Playlist Must Haves

It's been a while since I've had a full playlist I've truly been borderline obsessive over. Not to toot my own horn, but I always have a pretty jam up playlist, but every so often I out do myself with my ability to compile a pretty badass playlist. Here are some highlights:

Note:  I am sorry YouTube is a pain the butt these days and that some of these videos are not playing within the page..

Give Me Back My Hometown - Eric Church

The songs that Eric Church writes sometimes resonates with me the same way Brantley's songs do. I can preverbially see and feel these things happening right in front of me. I get the feeling, like B, that he writes things that are real, and not something just made up by he and whoever he has as writing session with that day. I know I'm probably wrong, but this one is much welcomed after the not-near-as-good Outsiders. 


Oh My My - Michael Warren

If you live in Alabama or went to college in Tuscaloosa, I assume you've heard of Michael Warren.
Michael Warren : Tuscaloosa :: Corey Smith : Athens
I've been listening to what few cuts I can find on youtube after my friend, Haley (An Alabama Alum), raved about him. He has recently moved to Cali to chase his dreams of becoming a professional singer/songwriter. Obviously, he's getting somethings done while he's out there. This is his new single that gets my toe tapping everytime!




Hope You Get Lonely Tonight - Cole Swindell

I heard my first Cole Swindell song this time last year. It was love at first chorus. After seeing him live, I was sold on this guy.  He learned from his mentor and friend, Luke Bryan, how to work a stage early on apparently. There are so many good songs to choose from, but this one and "Let me see you girl" are easily two of my favorites besides "Chillin' it," of course. In my opinion, Cole is the up and comer to watch out for in the country scene.


Get Me Some Of That - Thomas Rhett

This song is just plain sexy. It makes me feel sexy, because he's singing it to me, I'm sure. I'm pretty sure I listened to this song 3/4's of the entire time I was in Nashville two weeks ago. Billy and I have a few jams that consist of for example, John Deere Green and this song. We both get down with our bad selves. 

Leave The Night On - Sam Hunt
I hope by now all of you have heard one of my new favorite songs, "In the Back of a Cop Car" which is Keith Urban's current single. He's got this R&B flare with country-like roots. He's one of my current obsessions. Not to mention, he's another Georgia native!




No comments:

Post a Comment