June 29, 2008

I've learned to expect the unexpected.

My family never ceases to amaze me by how crazy/weird they are. The other night I came home somewhat late, late for my parents atleast, and my mom wasn't here. Dad said that she had her nose up in someone's business at my aunt's house. Honestly, that wasn't the part that surprised me. I've come to expect my mom to be in the middle of family matters no matter what the situation. He gave me a quick run down of the story, basically my cousin skipped town and headed to Virginia with some girl. I laughed thinking he heard it wrong or something. Considering his memory, I wouldn't put it past him.
Once mom got home from Indian Hill I asked her what in the world really was going on. Sure enough my cousin, Kimberly, left town Friday afternoon with a friend from high school, hopped onto a greyhound bus, and road to Richmond, Virginia. The girl is 19 also, so I asked what the big deal was, because in my eyes she could set her own ways as she darn well pleased. Come to find out, they were leaving out oooooone major detail... She went up there to meet a 25 year old man she met on the internet.
Which leads me to beleive, I'm one of the few sane people left in my family.
Well, now the friend that she left with, has come back home. Kimberly stayed in Virginia with plans to marry this so called "man of her dreams" and live happily ever after..

Safe? don't think so
Cool? not the slightest bit.. neither of them
Smart? not so much
Completely off the wall.. you got it, dude!

may this saga continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment