Inspired by the format of popular humor site, FMyLife.com (FML), MakesMeThink.com (MMT) was founded as a refined, thought-provoking alternative. MMT is an online community where people share daily life stories that provoke deep thought and inspire positive change.Here are a few of my favorite submissions that inspired me to spend a few more extra minutes in my bedtime prayers:
Sometimes the most random everyday encounters force us to stop and rethink the truths and perceptions we have ingrained in our minds. These encounters are educationally priceless. They spawn moments of deep thought and self-reflection that challenge the status quo and help us evolve as sensible individuals.
- Today, I was working in a coffee shop when 2 gay men walked in holding hands. As you might expect, heads started turning. Then a young girl at the table next to me asked her mom why 2 men were holding hands. Her mom replied, "Because they love each other." MMT
- Today, I saw a pretty scary looking guy who had a tall blue mohawk and tattoos and piercings all over his body. He was helping my elderly neighbor take her trash down to the curb. My neighbor told me afterwards that the guy was just walking by and offered to help. MMT
- Today, my father gave one slice of pizza to our poor gardener's son - a 6-year-old boy. He wrapped the slice of pizza in a napkin and set it aside. When my father asked him why he wasn’t eating it now, he said, "I’m going to take it home and share it with my mother and sister." MMT
- Today, I was in a public bathroom with my friend. I was complaining about how frizzy my hair looked. The little girl who had been washing her hands next to me lifted up her wig and said, "It could be worse. You could have none at all." MMT
- Today, I saw a blind tourist at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C.. Another tourist walked over to the blind man and said, "Do you want to know what it looks like?" and then explained to him in vivid detail exactly what the memorial looks like. MMT
Beautiful and inspiring.. please check it out for yourself. It really will make you think, but you'll feel more blessed than if you never would have thought about it.