January 6, 2009

I still remember.



2 years. 1 day.

I bet you forgot just like I almost had. That's how long it's been since Stephanie's accident.
I hadn't forgot, but it almost slipped my mind until I drove by the site today. Every time I go by, I blow a kiss. When I went by today, as soon as my fingers touched my lips, I remembered that yesterday was the anniversary.
Before I went home, I went and visited her grave. That's the first time I've been since her funeral. I expected myself to be emotional, but I can honestly say that sitting there on the granite around her plot was a somewhat humbling experience. I just thought about her and the girl she once was, and wondered where she might have been today.
I miss her loving heart, and thank God I was able to call that wonderful girl my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment